What is an expository essay? It is a type of academic writing which is used to explain or to define something. In different colleges, this type of academic tasks is used for evaluation of students’ knowledge of the subject. The process of task creation is rather simple because this type of assignment does not need any deep investigation of the chosen topic. However, some students still need recommendations how to make such compositions.
Steps of College Expository Essay Making
Here are some tips to make the process of text creation easier:
- Choose the topic. College expository essay topics must be rather controversial; otherwise, explanation or definition of the process connected with the issue would not be interesting for readers. Hence, to select a really exciting issue, you may use two methods: brainstorming and free-writing, they are unusual but both are very effective for this purpose.
- Select the method of development. Expository essay format supposes that your explanation of the chosen topic will be based on such techniques as comparing and contrast, process analysis, classification, and definitions.
- Observe the structure. Each written work must include the introduction, the body paragraphs, and the conclusion, and this type of assignment is not an exception. Classical five-paragraph structure is also suitable here, but it should be mentioned that college format may require bigger size, therefore, the number of body paragraphs may be increased according to complexity of the problem highlighted in the paper.
- Create a thesis statement. For such a task, it must be concise, name the subject of the work, and express the main idea of your explanation clearly. The statement supposes the presence of different arguments, which will be presented in further body paragraphs.
- Make an outline. Good analysis of some process needs a clear structure; hence, it is necessary to make a plan of a future paper. You must collect various evidence to describe the chosen problem and dwell on the idea expressed in the thesis statement.
- Write the introduction. Expository essay introduction needs some additional information concerning the topic of discussion. It is so because the audience should have more data to understand the main points of your analysis. Don’t forget to include your thesis statement in the introductory part as well.
- Place the body paragraphs. The main part should contain at least three body paragraphs or even more, it depends on the topic. The principle is one paragraph for one argument. All arguments must support the main idea. Pay your attention to the place of each body paragraph: psychologists think that evidence should be placed from the strongest to the weakest one because such order looks more persuasive.
- Put down the conclusion. The last section includes the summary of the whole text and restates the central idea of the work. Try to avoid including any new information because it makes your text unfinished.
Following these simple recommendations, you will be able to create an exciting explanation work on a short time. Such a ready algorithm contains all essential points of text creation. However, if you are not sure that you can make the task easily, you always have the opportunity to delegate it to somebody else. For example, you may find an online writer to hire at our site. Our team unites only the best authors all over the world who will be glad to make your student life easier. They have a great practical experience in the sphere of academic writing, and can easily cope with various assignments. So, don’t waste your time, go to our site to place the first order!