Students of graduate school (Masters, Seniors and Ph. D) are required to write their thesis proposal. The main goal of this work is to introduce what you are going to write in your future dissertation. You may be interested what’s the difference between a master thesis proposal, senior thesis proposal and Doctorate thesis proposal; and actually the difference is the Ph. D work should contain some new researches. And of course, this type of work would be much longer than others. The common thing is all these types of work have the same aim and similar structure. This paper helps you to identify your goals, define problems and questions you are going to highlight, and describe your methods of study. There are different requirements to different types and subjects of this work; for example, a critical honors’ thesis and creative writing thesis proposal would have quite another application guidelines for writing.
Thesis proposal format
The following tips will help you to create a well-structured document according to general requirements. Here is how the structure of your paper should look:
- Title page. The cover page for thesis proposal must contain such data as title of your work, author, mentor, and date.
- Abstract. It’s a short summary of your work that should introduce your study. Usually main recommendations to this part require to make it no longer than 300 words.
- Contents table. In this part you have to list all your work’s heading and subheading, noticing page numbers.
- Introduction. In this part you have to grab readers’ attention and present your work to the audience. This section shouldn’t be long, you don’t have to tell everything you are going to write in the work, but give readers clear understanding of what’s your paper is about. You can write the introduction in the end, then it will be easier to formulate the main idea of the whole paper when you’ll finish its structure.
- Formulation of the problem. Here you should write your research question and explain what you are going to investigate and how it will impact on the problem.
- Background. Make your work interesting to the readers, write 3-4 reasons that explain why this problem is so much important for the investigation.
- Work purpose. Define the main goal of your work. Keep in your mind that your study brings some kind of action – interpret, evaluate, analyze, or change the current problem. This is not just a problem review.
- Importance. Here you have to highlight your work’s value. Define why your paper is important, to whom it’s valuable, what aspects you can change with the results.
- Research methodology. Describe methods you are going to use in your work, and explain why they are the best for your study.
- Sources review. Find and describe those theories and studies that already have been done on this problem. Write what new you are going to make in your own study.
- Work hypotheses. Define what results you expect from your work and describe your expectations.
- Terms definition. All terms used in your work, should be described for readers to avoid confusing. Make the list of terms with clear and understandable description.
- Work assumptions. Here you have to describe world views, beliefs or untested positions that you assumed to be in the study.
- Procedure of study. Describe your steps you are going to do in your work. According to this procedure, another scientist should be able to duplicate your study.
- References. This is a list of sources sited in alphabetical order.
PhD thesis proposal goals
Lets answer the question – what is a thesis proposal and why you need to write it? This document is an outline of your future project that defines the main question of your paper, add something new in study and explains the significance of your work. Please keep in your memory that PhD works should be finished in 3 or 6 years (depending if you work full time or part-time). You have to define the subject and scope of your future work and to explain how you are going to complete it according to certain terms. Before start your research, the thesis proposal should be submitted and signed by the members of doctoral committee. Only after this process you are allowed to start writing the whole dissertation.
When you finished writing a thesis proposal, make sure that you revised and proofread your work thoroughly to avoid grammal, spelling and logical errors. Spend enough time to this process because mistakes are unacceptable for such a serious paper. You can use different vocabularies and dictionaries to define word’s meaning as well as surf internet and look for online services that will help you to check and correct grammar mistakes to polish your work.
I need help in writing my thesis statement
This is a quite complicated work that is possible to be done only if you have good enough writing abilities, solid knowledge in subject you are investigating, and also a plenty of time and patience. But sometimes even successful students can get troubles while making their thesis statement. We offer our help with a company of professional and talented writers that will be able to make a successful paper for you. Whether you need us to write the whole work, or just proofread and correct your thesis, we are ready to help. The due date is coming soon, but you still have nothing to present to the committee? Don’t worry about this, just place your order, and our qualified specialists will write a great work for you in the shortest terms. We guarantee you will get a unique and bright thesis statement of high level to impress your readers!